Wednesday, February 1, 2023
HomeGeorgia & USACarbon Monoxide Disgusts 7 at Popular Colorado Resort

Carbon Monoxide Disgusts 7 at Popular Colorado Resort

title=

Screenshot from the Gaylord Rockies website

Seven people have been sickened by a carbon monoxide leak from kitchen equipment at a popular resort in Colorado, firefighters said.

Several people from the Gaylord Rockies Resort in Aurora called just after 5pm on Tuesday, December 20th to to report feeling sickthe Aurora Fire Department said on Twitter.

Emergency medical providers treated several people, none of whom had life-threatening illnesses, firefighters said. One person went to the hospital for treatment.

Firefighters determined that the leak came from kitchen equipment. The equipment has been shut down and is “no longer causing carbon monoxide issues.”

Guests may see firefighters in the building taking final air quality readings, but no further updates on the issue are expected, the fire department said on Twitter.

“The CO issue has been isolated and the AFR units are returning to service in the city,” officials said.

In one week in 2019, two people went to the hospital were exposed to carbon monoxide at the resort, according to the Denver Post. The leak occurred due to the work carried out in the boiler room, the agency reports.

Brooke (she/they) is a McClatchy Real-Time reporter covering LGBTQ+ news and national parks in the West. They studied journalism at the University of Florida and previously covered LGBTQ+ news for the South Florida Sun Sentinel. When they are not writing stories, they enjoy spending time with their cats, horseback riding, or spending time outdoors.



Reported by Source link

RELATED ARTICLES
- Advertisment -

Most Popular

Carbon Monoxide Disgusts 7 at Popular Colorado Resort

title=

Screenshot from the Gaylord Rockies website

Seven people have been sickened by a carbon monoxide leak from kitchen equipment at a popular resort in Colorado, firefighters said.

Several people from the Gaylord Rockies Resort in Aurora called just after 5pm on Tuesday, December 20th to to report feeling sickthe Aurora Fire Department said on Twitter.

Emergency medical providers treated several people, none of whom had life-threatening illnesses, firefighters said. One person went to the hospital for treatment.

Firefighters determined that the leak came from kitchen equipment. The equipment has been shut down and is “no longer causing carbon monoxide issues.”

Guests may see firefighters in the building taking final air quality readings, but no further updates on the issue are expected, the fire department said on Twitter.

“The CO issue has been isolated and the AFR units are returning to service in the city,” officials said.

In one week in 2019, two people went to the hospital were exposed to carbon monoxide at the resort, according to the Denver Post. The leak occurred due to the work carried out in the boiler room, the agency reports.

Brooke (she/they) is a McClatchy Real-Time reporter covering LGBTQ+ news and national parks in the West. They studied journalism at the University of Florida and previously covered LGBTQ+ news for the South Florida Sun Sentinel. When they are not writing stories, they enjoy spending time with their cats, horseback riding, or spending time outdoors.



Reported by Source link

RELATED ARTICLES
- Advertisment -

Most Popular