On Tuesday afternoon Hollywood Unlocked published “Exclusive”. Queen Elizabeth II passed away.
Not surprisingly, the destruction of what could be the most interesting story of the decade caused a storm of reactions on social media, and many wondered how the founder of the site Jason Lee somehow managed to catch everyone – including major British outlets – on such a massive bomb.
On behalf of our small but powerful team, we want to first say that we have heard your concerns and acknowledge our sensitivity to this topic. We not only understand the global scale of the British monarchy, but also recognize that the Queen is above all a mother, grandmother and beloved public figure who deserves respect.
Given the confusion caused by our original publication, Lee and everyone else in this publication would like to take a moment to thoughtfully explain why HU believed the 95-year-old royal figure had passed away and felt empowered to report it.
- Tuesday, February 22nd Hollywood Unlocked CEO Jason Lee was contacted directly by a source who was present at the wedding of the editor-in-chief of British Vogue Edward Eninful. The source claimed that they witnessed a call during which news of the Queen’s death was confirmed by a high-ranking participant. They then outlined the anxiety caused by the news at the stellar event.
- Although many have scoffed at the idea that the Queen or anyone associated with her will ever attend Eninful’s wedding, he is not only a member of the UK royal family, but also a quick search for images in Google easily publishes pictures in which it shares intimate moments with members of the royal family. family, such as the queen’s eldest son Prince Charles, 73, her 74-year-old daughter-in-law Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall and other members of their immediate environment.
- The Queen was last seen in public Wednesday, February 16th when she received visitors at Windsor Castle. At the time, analysts assumed what video with her greeting arriving Secretary of Defense Major General Eldan Millar and its predecessor, Rear Admiral James McLeod was circulated in an attempt to reassure the public that she was in good health.
- However, in four days Sunday, February 20thBuckingham Palace acknowledged that the Queen was positive result for COVID-19. It was later announced that because of her diagnosis she would stop taking personal appointments.
- Given her diagnosis of COVID and trust in our original source, Lee spoke to her another A source familiar with the British military. The man directly confirmed to Lee that the palace had been closed and all the top generals had been summoned to Windsor Castle “for unknown reasons” just four hours before Hollywood Unlocked reported the news.
- It should also be noted that earlier this month Queen Elizabeth II announced Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, will be known as the “Queen Consort” as soon as Prince Charles takes the throne. This suggests that her mortality has been a constant debate that could not be ignored as she celebrates an unprecedented 70 years on the throne.
- Report that the UK monarch, who has ruled for a long time, is not an easy question, and as we reported earlier, there is a broad game plan for this case, called Operation London Bridge. The bills we received on Tuesday were in line with the approach of this protocol and seemed to further corroborate allegations that Her Majesty’s health had deteriorated.
- Given the current Ukrainian-Russian crisis, we understand that the world is in a space of political unrest, and have seen reports that the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom Boris Johnson said to Her Majesty on Wednesday, February 23rdall day after ours report.
- Hollywood Unlocked has approached Buckingham Palace for an official statement on the matter, but has yet to receive a response. Instead on Thursday, February 24th on This was reported by the BBC that a spokesman for the palace issued a statement stating that the Queen had postponed two virtual performances that were scheduled for that day, and added “No other engagements are planned this week.”
- Although several publications have disparagingly characterized Hollywood Unlocked as just a “tabloid” site, so far all of our sources have given us accurate reports that later was substantiated by larger publications. So telling stories to someone is not uncommon or atypical for us.
All news is sometimes wrong, despite everything they attach, and we will always be fully responsible when it happens.
But we can’t stress that we never will intentionally cause unnecessary pain or grief to the monarchy (or the general public) just for the “clickbait” and hopefully we have laid out all the compelling information that led to our initial message.
We are proud of the work we do and the relationships we have built behind the scenes that allow us to convey stories directly to our audience – even at a time when powerful media machines are working hard to distort the truth.
“Although I was never wrong in telling the story because it has to do with the Queen, this is the one time I would like to be,” Lee said Thursday afternoon. “And based on the palace report on Wednesday, I can say that my sources were wrong and I sincerely apologize to the Queen and the Royal Family.”
– Hollywood unblocked team