When building a style for season 2 «Emily in Paris“,” Said costume consultant Patricia Field, “it’s time to turn around a bit.”
“As fashion has become quite monotonous and boring these days (jeans, sneakers, etc.), it was the perfect opportunity to develop Emily’s style as more colorful and optimistic,” – Field, who is also known for his cult style “Sex and the City” and “The devil wears Prada,” she wrote in a statement Variety.
Darren Starr “Emily in Paris” after Emily (Lily Collins), a marketing manager from Chicago, who unexpectedly moves to Paris when the company she works for acquires Savoir, a French marketing firm. For the first two seasons Emily focuses on her work, in the new city and complex novels. A series that met both high ratings and strong criticism (particularly around him processing French culture), was updated Netflix for seasons 3 and 4 in January. And fashion has attracted the attention of viewers everywhere – from Fr. Nomination of the costume designers guild for best practices in modern television this year, in honor of NFL legend Peyton Manning in hilarious sketch of “SNL”..
Field, who is working with costume designer Marilyn Fitusi on the show, noted that the idea of Emily’s look in Season 2 is to “slowly develop her in a slightly more sophisticated and professional way without ruining her corporate identity … Colleagues … Emily is different. They are French and mostly older, and this has given me the opportunity to contrast the American style with French chic. ”
Field also explained that the costume department focuses on other characters of “Emily in Paris.” The wardrobe of Mindy (Ashley Park), for example, is bright, glamorous [and] optimistic ”. And Sylvie (Filipino Leroy-Beaulieu) is “classic French chic”, and Julien (Samuel Arnold) is “high fashion and not afraid to make bold statements.”
Here are five of Field’s favorite images from Season 2 of “Emily in Paris”.
1. Emily’s dress and cape (S2 E4): Throughout episode 4 (which includes a day at the office dedicated to Savoir leek marketing opportunities), Emily wears detailed clothing full of patterns and colors – a Marie Katrantzou dress, a Vassilis Zoulias cape, brown Scorpios boots and a plaid hat. vintage brooch.
2. Mindy outfit on the bridge (S2 E6): In episode 6, Mindy and Benoit (Kevin Diaz) perform “Falling Slowly” while playing in Paris. Mindy wears a lovely set of Pretty Little Things, Terry de Haviland shoes and a vintage bag from INA.
3. Costume of Christian Syrian Sylvie (S2 E10): In the finale of Season 2, Madeline (Kate Walsh) calls on the firm to sign Gregory Dupre (Jeremy O. Harris) – despite the hostility of Pierre Cado (Jean-Christophe Bouvet) with a fellow designer. After Emily convinces Gregory to sign, and Sylvie talks to Pierre about it, the Savoir team talks in the office. Sylvie is wearing a Christian Sirian silver suit. “Marilyn paired it with a green top that just stared!” Said Paul.
4. Clothes for the Julien fashion show (S2 E10): At the end of the 10th episode, Savoier organizes an extravagant fashion show for his new client Gregory. Julien wears an incredible outfit made to order from Rianna + Nina. His image includes white skirt pants, exquisitely printed top and lace accents.
5. Emily’s red dress at the fashion show in the season finale (S2 E10): Also at the season finale, Emily wears a stunning red H&M Giambattista Valli dress. Field remarks, appearance picked up by Fitusi.