Monday, November 28, 2022
HomeTechnologyThe BlackBerry 5G is officially dead

The BlackBerry 5G is officially dead

After all, BlackBerry fans won’t get a 5G phone.

Andrew Hoyle / CNET

The delayed BlackBerry 5G phone dead OnwardMobility confirmed on its website.

“It is with great sadness that we announce that OnwardMobility will be discontinued and we will no longer continue to develop a state-of-the-art smartphone with a physical keyboard,” OnwardMobility said in a statement issued Friday, as noted earlier. CrackBerry. “Please know that we made this decision not easily or hastily. We share your disappointment with this news and assure you that this is not the result we have been working on and hoping for. ”

Police on android and CrackBerry It was originally reported that the phone was canceled on February 11, saying OnwardMobility, a Texas startup seeking to revive the iconic brand with a next-generation Android-based Wi-Fi device, lost its BlackBerry Ltd. license. to use the BlackBerry brand name.

OnwardMobility did not explain why it is closing and canceling production of the phone.

Read more: The best 5G phones for 2022

The news comes after BlackBerry stopped service for their old devices in early January and OnwardMobility promised an update about the phone in a blog post last month titled, “Contrary to popular belief, we are not dead.”

Before OnwardMobility received the license, the Chinese manufacturer TCL was the last manufacturer of phones under the BlackBerry brand. It is liberating BlackBerry KeyTwo in 2018 along with other devices running Android. However, TCL has since moved on to its release own mid-range phones.

BlackBerry did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Reported by Source link

RELATED ARTICLES
- Advertisment -

Most Popular

The BlackBerry 5G is officially dead

After all, BlackBerry fans won’t get a 5G phone.

Andrew Hoyle / CNET

The delayed BlackBerry 5G phone dead OnwardMobility confirmed on its website.

“It is with great sadness that we announce that OnwardMobility will be discontinued and we will no longer continue to develop a state-of-the-art smartphone with a physical keyboard,” OnwardMobility said in a statement issued Friday, as noted earlier. CrackBerry. “Please know that we made this decision not easily or hastily. We share your disappointment with this news and assure you that this is not the result we have been working on and hoping for. ”

Police on android and CrackBerry It was originally reported that the phone was canceled on February 11, saying OnwardMobility, a Texas startup seeking to revive the iconic brand with a next-generation Android-based Wi-Fi device, lost its BlackBerry Ltd. license. to use the BlackBerry brand name.

OnwardMobility did not explain why it is closing and canceling production of the phone.

Read more: The best 5G phones for 2022

The news comes after BlackBerry stopped service for their old devices in early January and OnwardMobility promised an update about the phone in a blog post last month titled, “Contrary to popular belief, we are not dead.”

Before OnwardMobility received the license, the Chinese manufacturer TCL was the last manufacturer of phones under the BlackBerry brand. It is liberating BlackBerry KeyTwo in 2018 along with other devices running Android. However, TCL has since moved on to its release own mid-range phones.

BlackBerry did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Reported by Source link

RELATED ARTICLES
- Advertisment -

Most Popular