Axil Integrated Services announced the signing of a new contract with a leading car manufacturer BMW Group companyto redesign their waste management systems in line with their sustainability ambitions.
The five-year contract, designed to support the BMW Group’s stringent 2030 sustainability targets, will see the waste management specialist make changes to chemical, technical and logistics processes across all manufacturing and corporate sites in the UK, including BMW, MINI and Rolls Royce. Sites include:
- MINI Oxford plant
- Rolls-Royce Motor Cars, Goodwood, Chichester
- BMW Group Plant, Swindon
- BMW Group Hams Hall plant, Birmingham
- BMW Distribution, Thorne, Doncaster
- BMW Group UK, Head Office, Farnborough
These improvements include several initiatives that provide real innovation and are designed to optimize the treatment, separation and management of waste. Axil will collect waste data to improve the tracking of waste streams throughout the manufacturing process and develop waste elimination.
Axil’s partnership with the BMW Group will continue to implement strategies to support the circular economy, accelerating progress with the introduction of:
- Waste capture technology allows you to track and assign waste to specific areas of your business and better understand where you can improve efficiency.
- A mobile operational support team that will service and maintain the sites, ensuring uninterrupted waste management operations throughout the partnership.
Jason Lang, Commercial Director, Axil Integrated Serviceshighlighted the progress Axil has already made:
“Taking responsibility for your environmental impact has never been more important, especially when it comes to more sustainable production. The BMW Group is a pioneer in innovation, including in the approach to sustainable development. We are very excited to work with the Waste Stream Reengineering team to drive increased recycling and waste elimination.
“Businesses today, particularly in the manufacturing sector, are facing unprecedented economic pressures, but partnerships like this are critical to ensuring we maintain momentum in achieving ESG ambitions across the industry. It’s great that Axil is contributing to this important progress in such a bold way.”